|Nurse Practitioner (Per Diem and Full Time)
Provide diagnostic and treatment services to patients of the student health center.
The Student Health Center at Providence College is looking to hire a full time Nurse Practitioner, or per diem Nurse Practitioners.
This position is a 9 month, academic year, position with a competitive salary and lucrative benefits package!
1. Examine, diagnosis, and recommend appropriate treatment and/or referral to student patients presenting with symptoms.
2. Utilize laboratory, x-ray and other diagnostic testing in an appropriate and cost effective manner to manage patient care. Utilize third-party physicians and other medical professionals where appropriate.
3. Maintain clinical documentation on all patient encounters in a timely manner, including documentation of telephone calls, prescriptions and results reporting. Ensure that patient confidentiality is observed at all times.
4. Organize and handle scheduled caseload in a timely manner. Assist colleagues and staff in difficult or overload situations.
5. Support the administrative duties of the Student Health Center including ensuring effective patient flow, development of patient data for reporting purposes, and contribute to efficient office operations. Make recommendations regarding office services and procedures where appropriate.
1.Perform all other duties as may be required.
|Education and Experience Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Academic Year (9 months)
|If other, please enter regular schedule.
A full time schedule is Monday – Friday; 8: 30 am – 4:30 pm
Per diem hours are flexible to fit within the College’s operating hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
|Open Until Filled
|Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
To apply: https://careers.providence.edu/postings/7205