|Job Title||Nurse Practitioner|
|Position Type||Professional Staff|
|Union||PSA/NEA – Professional Staff Assoc|
|Pay Grade Level||16|
|Pay Grade Range||Salary Hiring Range is actual: (40 weeks -Academic year: ($77,851 – $95,000)|
|Status||Academic Year, Full-time, Permanent|
Faculty/Non-Classified Professional Staff Recruitment
Office of Human Resources
University of Rhode Island
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)
|Extension Contingency Notes|
|Job Description Summary||APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by January 6, 2020 Second consideration may be given to applications received by January 20, 2020. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (January 20, 2020) may not be given full consideration.
This position is Academic Year – 40-weeks starting mid-August through mid-May.
Assume an independent clinical practice, assessing, diagnosing, and implementing a health care management plan for both acute and chronic conditions within the scope of services of the University’s Student Health Services and as described in the State of Rhode Island General Laws, Chapter 5-34-3. The practice includes collaboration with other licensed health care professionals.
|Duties and Responsibilities||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform comprehensive physical examinations of clients to identify actual or potential health problems.
Assess and analyze clinical signs and symptoms, diagnose actual/potential health problems, and structure a holistic health care plan to promote optimal health. Consult with physician and other clinical staff as needed.
Maintain proper clinical records and reports, using problem-oriented medical records which will be audited for accountability.
Independently prescribe and/or administer appropriate medication, corrective measures, and medical therapeutics within written protocol.
Provide referrals to consulting specialists and conduct follow-ups as necessary.
Participate in writing, editing and revising clinical protocols, guidelines, and procedures. Participate in quality improvement and peer reviews.
Initiate emergency treatment of acute medical/nursing problems and consult with a collaborating physician as appropriate.
Collaborate with physicians regarding complex medical problems and initiate treatment.
Promote wellness through health promotion and wellness counseling for a wide variety of health issues/concerns.
Provide clinical preceptorship for Nurse Practitioner Fellows and/or Nurse Practitioner students in collaboration with the College of Nursing faculty.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in University Health Services approved research activities, and serve on departmental and University committees.
Participate in case presentations, in-services, etc.
Perform additional duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Must have a current R.I. Registered Nurse License, Registered Nurse Practitioner License, with prescriptive privileges and a Federal DEA License. (Reference: Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner as defined in Chapter 5-34-35 and 5-34-39 of the R.I. General laws, 1956, and revised in 2013.) Must have CPR certification. Will be required to work a non-standard work week (including evenings and weekends).
1. Master’s degree in nursing and a bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field from an accredited institution.
2. Current R.I. Registered Nurse’s License .
3. Current R.I. Registered Nurse Practitioner’s License, with prescriptive privileges and a Federal DEA License (at time of application).
4. Minimum of two years of experience as a nurse practitioner specializing in family practice or adult medicine, or completion of the fellowship program at URI’s Student Health Services.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and clinical skills to provide patient care as a nurse practitioner, without direct supervision.
6. Demonstrated teaching skills.
7. Demonstrated documented experience with routine outpatient GYN care.
8. Current CPR certification.
9. Demonstrated experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR).
10. Demonstrated willingness to work a non-standard week (including evenings and weekends).
11. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
12. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
13. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
14. Demonstrated ability to prepare and present detailed studies and reports and to make recommendations concerning their substance.
15. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated experience with college health and behavioral health care.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
|Environmental Conditions||The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document” – names and contact information of three professional references.
|Quicklink for Posting||http://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6828|