The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with the Supervising Physician and other Nurse Practitioners to provide preventive, episodic, and ongoing health care to full-time Babson undergraduate and graduate students, as well as students from the Olin College of Engineering.
The Health and Wellness portfolio in the Division of Student Affairs includes Health Services, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Wellness & Prevention Services, the Peers On Wellness (POW) peer health education program, Religious & Spiritual Life, and the Campus Assessment, Response, & Evaluation (CARE) Team. We provide collaborative, evidence-based, and culturally inclusive health and wellness services that promote a healthy and safe campus community. We offer prevention and education initiatives, confidential intervention and treatment services, pastoral care, and student-centered advocacy to address undergraduate and graduate students’ mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, and social well-being.
• Evaluate and treat acute medical conditions and prescribe appropriate medications following established guidelines, which include obtaining thorough history, performing a physical exam, and obtaining pertinent lab data.
• Assess and manage chronic health problems and on-going health maintenance issues. This includes developing appropriate treatment recommendations and/or medication, following established medical guidelines.
• Refer to appropriate outside clinical consultants/specialists as necessary and follow-up on these referrals.
• Communicate appropriate follow-up measures to be taken and rationale for these. This includes follow-up on abnormal lab results.
• Provide counseling/education to students to achieve and maintain optimal health.
• Collaborate with other members of the Health & Wellness team on various outreach programs and prevention initiatives.
• Assist in publicizing the Health Services as a resource on health-related issues to the Babson community.
• Communicate effectively to ensure student/patient comfort in clinical situations.
• Participate in other Student Affairs activities and committees.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.Supervises:
Minimum Level of Education Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. MSN requiredPosition Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• A minimum of 1-3 years as a Nurse Practitioner.
• Must have a current license as a Registered Nurse/NP in Massachusetts;
current national certification as a Nurse Practitioner; current Massachusetts and Federal prescribing authorization; and CPR certification.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Hepatitis B vaccination and training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must maintain both throughout time in the position.
• Ability to interact with students, parents and health services staff.
• Must have a passion for college health with knowledge of student development.
• Ability to work with a diverse population.
• Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support Babson’s Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® (ET&A) methodology; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Must have strong computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel as well as experience with electronic medical records.Working Conditions:
• Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Shifts are Mondays – Thursdays from 10:30 am – 6:30 pm and Fridays from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; summer hours/school not in session hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. This is a temporary , academic year position (42 weeks) through early June 2021.