The Division of Student Affairs at Eastern Connecticut State University is seeking a dynamic Director of Health Services/University Physician to join our college community. The candidate will deliver high quality healthcare to our students. This is a full-time 10-month position.
Responsibilities and duties:
The Director provides direct patient care and advocates for the value of students developing life-long habits of physical health, which supports them in achieving academic and personal success. The Director oversees the maintenance of health records and reports and the University’s and State of Connecticut student immunization compliance process. The Director oversees referrals to outside agencies, specialists and community-based health and counseling agencies. The Director hires, supervises and evaluates all professional and administrative support staff, confers with family physicians and consultants as necessary, and establishes, reviews and revises as necessary all medical policies, procedures and protocols within the Health Center. The Director is also responsible for developing and managing the departmental operating budget. The Director provides in-service supervision and professional development opportunities for all staff and oversight and direction for the use of prescription medications maintained in, administered by or prescribed by personnel in the Health Center. The following is the link to the job description: http://www.easternct.edu/humanresources/jobs/admin-positions/
- Current license as a Medical Doctor in the State of Connecticut
- Minimum of 6 years in the practice of medicine or healthcare and/or health care administration.
- Must possess experience in managing and administering a health care unit; preferably in a school/university setting with a late adolescent/young adult patient population.
- Demonstrate familiarity with and competence in the major physical health issues of college students.
- Adhere to a well-conceived philosophy of health care within the context of post-secondary education.
- Ability to practice independently.
When applying for the position, please e-mail a cover letter, resume and name/contact information for 3-5 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be considered complete unless all items required are received.