The Staff Physician reports directly to the Executive Director and has primary responsibility as a clinician which involves providing preventative and problem oriented care to ensure that the mission of the Student Health Center is met. Clinical responsibilities are assigned through credentialing as indicated in the By-laws. The Staff Physician must be available one Saturday per month for phone consultation to support per-diem staff providing patient care during Saturday office hours.
- An MD or DO Degree from an accredited institution
- License to practice in New York State
- Board Certification or Eligibility (or equivalent experience) in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics or Emergency Medicine with a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the practice of medicine
- Eligibility for assignment under the credentialing process outlined in the student Health Service By-laws
- Training, licensure and experience in dealing with a wide variety of primary care medical conditions and illnesses
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of accreditation processes such as JCAHO, AAAHC or ISO9001
- Requires strong clinical skills and judgment
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Requires strong communication skill
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports, documents and statistical data
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
Instructions for Applying
Candidates must complete an on-line application. To apply, use the “apply for this job” function found at http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/5123
We welcome candidates who will bring diverse intellectual, geographical, gender and ethnic perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.