Keene State College invites applicants for a Student Health Service Nurse position in the Center for Health and Wellness. This is a 75% time benefited position, full-time during the academic year (mid-August to mid-May). The successful candidate, as a part of the Center for Health and Wellness, will work in an ambulatory care clinic and be responsible for providing clinical services of triaging sick or injured students to the appropriate clinician, conducting nursing assessments of students during nurse visits within the nursing scope of practice, and assisting the clinicians with other tasks associated with clinic visits.
The Center for Health and Wellness is an integral unit within the Division of Student Affairs at KSC and enjoys strong support from the college as a whole. The College is in an exciting period of growth and change in the area of health services, and we seek practitioners who have a team orientation and are looking to apply their skills in a flexible, creative, and collaborative way. The Center for Health and Wellness is a very dynamic and rewarding place to work and our strengths include our highly supportive relationships among the Center’s staff and our strong dedication to student well-being. To learn more about the Center for Health and Wellness, visit: https://www.keene.edu/office/chw/ .
Additional Job Information
Posting Number/Job Order # PS1026FY19
Acceptable minimum level of education Associate’s
Acceptable minimum years of experience 3 years
Other minimum qualifications
Minimum education of Associates Degree in Nursing, licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Hampshire, and BLS Certification by time of appointment; a minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience; demonstrated communication and collaboration skills as well as a commitment to wellness promotion.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Strength as an independent practitioner in acute/ambulatory care setting; experience with gender specific health issues; additional years and experience with traditional college age students. Additionally, the College has identified desirable qualifications that support our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse campus community including the ability to speak a second language or to bring a multicultural perspective to the campus.
Salary commensurate with education and experience, complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/30985
Percent Time Information (FTE) .75
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following documents when applying online:
• Cover Letter
• Evidence of licensure
• Contact information for three (3) references
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled or otherwise closed at the college’s discretion.
Posting Date 09/25/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Posting Open to Internal Candidates Only? No
Interested Internal Candidates Exist? No
Job Category Salaried Staff (Exempt)
Appointment Type Regular
If TERM position provide projected end date
DOT Safety Information None applicable
Duties / Responsibilities
Nursing duties including:
• Serve as a triage nurse for student visits and phone calls
• Conduct physical and mental health assessments using the nursing process
• Screen, assess and schedule students for provider visits or nurse only visits
• Provide first aid and acute care treatment to injured and ill students using the nursing process and/or clinic protocols
• Perform clinic tasks including phlebotomy, suture/staple removal, ear lavage, wound care, injections, point of care lab testing
• Dispense OTC medications with dosing instructions per clinic protocols
• Manage prescriptions with a valid provider order. Assist with prior authorizations, when needed
• Check the New Hampshire Prescription Monitoring Service, when needed, when a controlled substance prescription is in question
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive medical records using the EHR (currently MEDICAT)
• Refer student to community services when appropriate. May need to assist with transportation
• Assist students with immunization compliance and update EHR
• Perform any other task assigned by the provider that is deemed within the RN scope of practice. This may include rooming patients, taking vital signs, updating medication, allergy and medical histories, and obtaining initial laboratory specimens prior to provider starting the visit
• Stock and clean lab, triage and procedure areas.
Provide wellness education and promotion in clinic and on campus. Additionally, this may involve participating in responsibilities which sometimes fall outside the regular clinic operating hours of 8am-4:30pm.
Participate in various college committees and activities and perform other duties as assigned by Chief Medical Officer and/or Executive Director.
Work collaboratively with the clinic staff, counseling center staff, Chief Medical Officer, and the Executive Director; and maintain RN Licensure in the State of New Hampshire, including participating in college-health related continuing education.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Have you ever been employed by any University System of New Hampshire campus?
If yes, which location(s):
(Open Ended Question)
* Indicate your highest level of education.
High School Diploma
Other (Please Specify)
If you chose “Other” regarding level of education, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
* How many years of experience do you have in relation to the minimum qualifications of this posting?
* Please provide the name of any licenses/certifications- including issuing organization, license/certification number and expiration date. Also indicate if the license/certification is current or anticipated.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
(3) Professional References Contact Info
To apply, please go to: https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/31000