Job no: 517644
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Health Services
Salary: Salary commensurate with grade/range
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The University of Massachusetts, Lowell is searching for a leader to take on the role of Director of Health Services a unit within the Wellness Center.
The Director of Health Services (HS) is part of a leadership team, along with the Director of Counseling Services who report to the Associate Dean of Student Health and Wellness within the Wellness Center, located in University Crossing. The Directors collectively provide leadership and management of their respective units towards providing quality, holistic, accessible care to the students at the University of Massachusetts Lowell to support and facilitate their personal and academic success. Students are not charged/billed for the provision of basic direct service when presenting to the Wellness Center to eliminate economic barriers. The Director also engages in a limited amount of direct care to students towards keeping abreast of current clinical conditions.
The Director of HS oversees and supports a skilled and caring staff of nurse practitioners, nurses, and who provide direct care to full time undergraduate and graduate students. The unit also regularly precepts NP students from UML’s Solomont School of Nursing. The Director also supervises the Medical Records Manager who has the primary responsibility of assuring compliance to mandated immunization requirements. The Director in collaboration with the Associate Dean also are designated parties supporting access to health insurance in accordance with state and federal law. In addition, the Director serves on a number of campus wide teams to integrate the perspective of health into policies and practices within UMass Lowell.
We are seeking a MA licensed Family Nurse Practitioner with seven-10 years active clinical experience with a minimum of a Master’s degree, DNP preferred with other requirements listed in the job posting. A minimum of five years’ experience in college health or like experience with college aged students is required, with experience in working with a residential population a plus. The well qualified candidate will ideally will have had a minimum of three years of leadership experience that includes staff supervision experience.
UMass Lowell is a residential national research university with a NCAA Division 1 sports programs committed to supporting the whole student. Our student population mirrors the diversity of our host community, the City of Lowell, and UMass Lowell has received a variety of accolades including for support of first generation students, and Veterans.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Family Nurse Practitioner with a minimum of a Master’s degree required, DNP preferred
- Certification by a nationally recognized credentialing agency
- Current RN/NP registration with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing
- DEA and Massachusetts prescriptive authority registration
- Minimum of five years in college/university health setting or within a similar setting with young adults
- Experience with a residential population strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years in a leadership role including staff supervision
- Minimum 10 years as a nurse practitioner
- Excellent clinical knowledge and judgment
- Ability to function independently, strategically plan and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Must be able to respectfully and effectively interact with a diverse population of students, staff, and faculty encouraging the values of equity, inclusion, and diversity espoused by UMass Lowell
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities and establish/interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and EHR systems
- Knowledge of risk management, medical ethics, and medical-legal liability
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P22.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.