Job Description Summary
The Director of the Health & Wellness Services is a member of the WPI Dean of Students staff and reports directly to the Associate Dean for Student Development. The Director is responsible for the financial, operational, clinical, and personnel activities of the Health Services department. This includes outpatient care, community health services, and laboratory services. The Director supervises departmental professional and support staff.
- Support the academic mission of the university through understanding and appreciating the health care and developmental needs of a diverse young adult population.
- Responsible for direct patient care for students including managing acute, recurrent and chronic health issues. Conduct preventative health screening for women and men including family planning, STD testing and counseling. Order and interpret diagnostic procedures and laboratory tests and prescribe medications when appropriate.
- Develop, update and implement clinical protocols for advanced practice with the collaborating physician based on current evidence based guidelines.
- Direct quality improvement and assessment to achieve optimal outcomes as outlined in the American College Health Association Recommended Standards for a College Health Program.
- Develop, communicate, and implement protocols for communicable disease prevention and management and emergency preparedness for public health related issues.
- Recruit, select, train, and supervise professional and support staff in administrative and clinical functions.
- Coordinate medical residents’ clinical rotation and training.
- Serve as clinical faculty for graduate nurse practitioner students and nursing students.
- Maintain health records on all students, including compliance with Massachusetts State Immunization requirements.
- Develop and monitor department budget. Develop line item budget for functions and services and monitor budget expenditures by processing invoices and reviewing monthly budget reports. Complete budget variance reports for departmental budget in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the negotiation of the yearly contractual agreements for physician coverage.
- Serve as an active participant in the annual student health insurance bid process which requires knowledge of QSHIP standards and current regulatory issues.
- Prepare statistical reports for the Associate Dean of Development including utilization of health services by students.
- Maintain updated web site including preventative health information.
- Participate in unit, divisional and university committees as appropriate.
- Serve as Institutional representative to the New England College Health Association and the American College Health Association.
- Review and respond to lab results as needed during off hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Licensure to practice in Massachusetts as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Nurse Practitioner certification, including MCSR, and DEA prescriptive authority.
- Three to five years administrative and supervisory experience in health services administration, preferably in a college health setting.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA and other healthcare regulatory issues.
- Experience with computerized health information, ICD-9 coding, EMR’s
- Excellent critical thinking and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct the work of others in clinical and administrative functions.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including planning, establishing priorities, and multi-tasking.
For more information, please go to: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Director-Nurse-Practitioner_R0000935