Southern New Hampshire University’s traditional campus is seeking an University Counselor. The University Counselor is a 10-month position that will run the length of the school year and will have the summers off. This position will provide counseling services in integrated Wellness Center that provides medical, mental health and health promotion services. Provide counseling services to SNHU students including crisis intervention, assessment and referral services, and individual and group psychotherapy. Participate in rotating counseling on-call service. Deliver programming and outreach services as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Provide crisis intervention, assessment and referral services, individual and group counseling to undergraduate and graduate student population
- Participate in emergency on-call counseling rotation with members of the Counseling Services team
- Engage in collaborative treatment with members of the integrated Wellness Center that provides medical, mental health and health promotion services
- Provide outreach services to students of diverse backgrounds such as students of color, LGBTQAI+, and international students. Deliver programming to fraternities and sororities, athletes and other student groups as needed
- Deliver substance use related assessment, intervention and referral services in collaboration with the Office of Community Standards
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide workshops and outreach programs as needed
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Wellness Center, Student Affairs, and SNHU Policy and Procedures Manuals
- Maintain confidentiality as required by the appropriate NH State licensing boards, NH state law, the federal confidentiality standards, as well as professional code of ethics
- Participate in staff meetings, group and individual supervision as needed
- Maintain proper and thorough clinical documentation in electronic medical record
- Participate in active professional development through in-service trainings, conferences and other professional development opportunities
- Maintain affiliation and membership with campus committees as needed
- Perform other appropriate tasks as assigned by the Assistant Director or Director
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2-3 years post degree experience is required
- Current New Hampshire Licensure is required or within one year of employment
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations including, but not limited to African American and other students of color, LGBTQAI+ students, and students with different national origins and immigration histories is required
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
- Experience in crisis intervention, substance abuse and/or eating disorders is preferred
- Experience with brief treatment and college health environments is desired
This is a 10 month position that will work during the school year. Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed, including occasional evening and weekend hours.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 11 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!
For more information and to apply, please go to: https://snhu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External_Career_Site/job/Manchester-NH—North-River-Road/University-Wellness-Counselor_R0003699