Southern New Hampshire University’s traditional campus is seeking a University Nurse Per Diem. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Health Services and the Medical Director, provide quality nursing care and health education to full-time day students at Southern New Hampshire University.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Obtain appropriate history of presenting problem/trauma, perform examination, order lab tests when necessary, accurately record findings, identify and initiate plan of care according to Health Services protocols which have been accepted by the State of New Hampshire. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Health Services, refer to the Medical Director or specialists as necessary. Provide follow-up and maintain accurate records of student problems
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Health Services, conduct periodic monitoring of chronic, stable medical conditions and/or intervention. Make adjustments to treatment plans as ordered by Medical Director or family physician and communicate changes to the physician for re-evaluation
- Provide emergency first-aid to students. Provide personal health counseling. Perform various health screenings and clinics, such as blood pressure and immunizations for students. Assist with processing of student health insurance claims
- Review records of incoming students for pertinent medical findings and enter data into an electronic medical record
- Maintain compliance with various OSHA regulations including the disposal of bio hazardous materials and the handling of blood-borne pathogens
- Fulfill other duties assigned by the Assistant Director of Health Services or the Director
- Associate’s, Diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Nurses with master’s degrees will be considered (APRN’s, or another master in nursing field)
- Must have active RN or APRN license in state of NH
- 2-4 years experience
- Must be able to provide 2 step tuberculosis test
- Comfortable with electronic medical records
- Able to respond to emergencies on campus
- Experience in College or School Health
- Experience with vaccine administration
- Experience with nursing triage
- Experience with multicultural populations
Must be able to respond to emergencies on campus. Shifts offered may be 4 to 8 hours long.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
For More Information, Please Go To: https://snhu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External_Career_Site/job/Manchester-NH—North-River-Road/University-Nurse-Per-Diem_R0001106-1