|Job Title||Staff Physician, Clinical Practice|
|Position Type||Professional Staff|
|Union||URI Physicians’ Assoc|
|Pay Grade Level||N/A|
|Pay Grade Range||N/A|
|Status||Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent|
|Extension Contingency Notes|
|Job Description Summary||(Please note: Work is scheduled and performed during academic year (late August – mid May) and salary is paid on calendar year basis.)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by February 14, 2020. Second consideration may be given to applications received by March 16, 2020. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (March 16, 2020) may not be given full consideration.
Participate as a member of the health care delivery team that provides exemplary primary care services to patients, diagnoses and manages acute and chronic health problems, and contributes to health promotion and disease prevention efforts in partnership with the patient. Serve as a health care and wellness resource for the campus community, and, working in a collaborative environment, focus on educating the patient as well as on providing quality care.
|Duties and Responsibilities||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collaborate with health care delivery team to provide culturally competent primary ambulatory health care services to and in partnership with eligible patients through diagnosis and management of acute and chronic problems.
Obtain health histories, perform physical examinations, conduct objective and subjective patient assessment, order diagnostic tests/studies, establish care plan, order medication, and educate the patient appropriate to her/his age, culture, and individual needs.
Assure adequate follow-up by obtaining consultations and/or referrals when appropriate.
Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including, but not limited to, suturing, wound care, splinting, soft tissue injury, and women’s health.
Provide advice to athletes participating in intercollegiate, club, and intramural sports, and individual recreation.
Advise the Medical Director, Director, and staff on clinical issues and policies, changes in primary care, specialty referrals, resource requirements, and relationships with the campus and local communities.
Provide counseling and education to improve health outcomes through application of holistic approach to patient needs.
Provide counseling, education and treatment of patients with mental health concerns.
Participate in the development and implementation of patient care guidelines focused on quality outcomes.
Participate in a multidisciplinary care team (RD, RN, PhD, LICSW) in the care of eating disordered patient.
Collaborate with other health care providers (e.g., MD, DO, APRN, PA, PCNS) and professionals (e.g., pharmacists, RN, LPN, CLS, RT, MA, RD, etc.) in the delivery of quality care.
Maintain clinical records in accordance with current policies and procedures.
Represent the Student Health Service and its programs across campus and within the community.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Rhode Island Medical License (hold or obtain prior to start date); Valid DEA License; Board Certification (or eligibility) in a Primary Care Specialty that includes the care of young adults; Digital technology; Electronic health records (EHR.)
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
1. Must hold or obtain an unrestricted Rhode Island medical license prior to appointment.
2. Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) Degree from an accredited medical school.
3. Valid DEA License.
4. Board Certification or eligibility in an appropriate specialty (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and/or Emergency Medicine) that includes the care of young adults.
5. Minimum two years of demonstrated post-residency experience in ambulatory primary care.
6. Demonstrated clinical competence in the delivery of healthcare to late adolescents and young adults.
7. Demonstrated experience in treatment of eating-disordered patients.
8. Demonstrated qualification for credentialing and medical staff association at supporting hospital.
9. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
10. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, staff, and community.
12. Demonstrated experience with electronic health records/practice management software.
13. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/population.
1. Demonstrated experience, beyond residency, in outpatient primary care medicine, adolescent medicine and primary care sports medicine (including: office gynecology, orthopedics, and dermatology).
2. Demonstrated additional training and/or experience in psychiatry and behavioral medicine.
3. Demonstrated experience in college health.
4. Demonstrated experience with participation in accreditation.
|Environmental Conditions||This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document” – names and contact information of three professional references, two from a supervisor.
|Quicklink for Posting||http://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6897|