Keene State College invites applicants for Per Diem Nurse Practitioners in The Wellness Center at Keene State College. The Nurse Practitioner-Per Diem position is responsible for providing medical care, health promotion, and wellness to KSC students when called in or scheduled to cover in the health clinic of The Wellness Center during any business hours (M-F, 8am – 4:30pm). The Wellness Center is in an exciting period of growth and change, and we seek providers who are team oriented, have flexible availability, and are looking to practice in a highly supportive, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
• Provides urgent/acute health care for students while collaborating with, referring to, and consulting with other departments appropriately
• Maintains accurate and comprehensive medical records
• Collaborates with and provides clinical support to the registered nursing staff and medical assistants
Location: Keene State College
• Master’s Degree
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a primary care or acute/ambulatory care setting
• Licensed Adult/Family Nurse Practitioner in the State of New Hampshire
• DEA registration for independent prescriptive authority
• CPR certified/BLS certification
• Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
• Commitment to wellness promotion
• Familiarity with documenting in an electronic medical record
• Experience working with traditional college-age students
• Experience in college health settings
• Experience with women’s health
• Experience in managing psychotropic medications
• Commitment to practice that supports the holistic wellness continuum of student development
Commensurate with experience.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number: ASP0299FY20
Open Date: 10/03/2019
Close Date: Open Until Filled Yes
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Keene State College is located in the scenic Monadnock region of Southwest New Hampshire, and is an affiliate of the University System of New Hampshire. We are located approximately 2 hours from Boston or Hartford CT, and 4 hours from New York City. The region contains many opportunities to enjoy outdoor recreation, cultural events, and a strong sense of community. To learn more about Keene State College, the University System of New Hampshire, and the Keene community, please visit: https://www.keene.edu, https://www.usnh.edu/ or https://www.ci.keene.nh.us.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following documents when applying online:
• Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities
• Contact information for three references
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled or otherwise closed at the College’s discretion.