This is a temporary position, scheduled to end December 31, 2021 with the possibility for an extension if needed.
The Manager, COVID-19 Testing Center is responsible for the oversight of the College’s COVID-19 Testing Center, a mass asymptomatic surveillance testing operation for all members of the Babson community (students, faculty, staff, vendors and affiliates). Specifically responsible for supervising a multidisciplinary team of registration coordinators and observers for PCR-swab testing; managing COVID Compliance for the College to ensure that the appropriate community members are enrolled in the College’s testing protocol and are testing at the expected cadence; partnering with colleagues from Health Services, ITSD, and Human Resources on data reporting and overall compliance; and serving as a senior manager on the AVP’s Student Success Leadership Team, along with directors of Accessibility Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, Health Services, Religious & Spiritual Life, Student Advising & Success, and Wellness & Prevention Services.
- Provide oversight for COVID-19 Testing Center operations for all Babson College students, faculty, staff, vendors, and affiliates.
- Using Universal Standards and proper Infection Control techniques, perform testing in accordance with CDC, MA Department of Public Health, and any other relevant guidelines.
- Prepare and manage employee schedule to ensure adequate staffing coverage as directed by the Associate Vice President, Student Success.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, providing regular updates to the Director, Health Services and Associate Vice President, Student Success. Submit monthly testing volume forecasts to the Broad Institute, flagging any necessary amendments for testing supplies to the Director, Health Services and Associate Vice President, Student Success, in advance of monthly submissions.
- Ensure proper PPE levels are maintained.
- Oversee student compliance to include: comparing daily manifest of appointments against master list of students eligible for testing; communicating directly with students regarding all aspects of compliance; preparing regular compliance reports for College leadership; and maintaining integrity of data. Manages testing center scheduler and communication regarding testing center hours of operation in conjunction with marketing. Work with IT on enhancements to compliance system.
- Partner with Health Services to understand who qualifies to be in compliance; manage onboarding and off boarding of COVID-19 protocols (attestation, semester location forms, etc.).
- Arrange for regular specimen pickups by courier based on Testing Center schedule and College needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving COVID testing protocols, technologies, and guidelines.
- Update Crisis Response Teams as required.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Swab Observation Staff
RN’s (FT, PT, Per Diem)
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor’s degree required in nursing, health care management, or data analytics.
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 4-6 years of successful experience as a Registered Nurse, EMT, in health care management, and/or infomatics.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Hepatitis B vaccination and training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must maintain both throughout time in the position.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks.
- Advanced skill and training in Microsoft Excel is a must-have.
- Creates an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deals with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciates open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
- Embraces ideas and changes created by all community members.
- Works independently to solve problems; looks for opportunities to take on responsibility; takes thoughtful risks; and effectively acts on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must have strong supervisory skills.
- Must be able to handle sensitive material confidentially.
- Must have strong working knowledge of data analytics.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Temporary, Full-time position, 35 hours per week.
- Some weekend, evening hours necessary, as required.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred