The Division of Student Life at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is seeking applicants for two openings for the position of Counselor – Psychologist/Social Worker in the Student Health Center.
The Counselor assists students with adjustment problems and other disorders; creates an environment that allows students to maximize their personal growth; develops and implements mental health prevention and education programs
Minimum Qualifications for Applicants for Appointment as Counselor/Social Worker
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field required.
- Five (5) years of professional experience, preferably with young adult/adolescent populations
- Licensed to practice as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in the state of New York. For applicants from other states or those who are license eligible, must be licensed at the time of employment.
Minimum Qualifications for Applicants for Appointment as Counselor/Psychologist
- Ph. D. in counseling or clinical psychology
- Licensed to practice in New York State
- Two (2) years of professional clinical experience
Qualified candidates are required to apply by visiting http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/7138
Located in historic Troy, NY – part of upstate New York State’s Capital Region, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is one of the top 50 national universities in the United States, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2011 ranking of the “Best Colleges” in the country.
We welcome candidates who will bring diverse intellectual, geographical, gender and ethnic perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer