Search #: 495237
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The mission of the Health Promotion team within Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) is to mobilize the UConn community to cultivate the conditions that foster student wellbeing, empower students, and address health inequities – amplifying the voices of oppressed communities. Under the direction of a Health Promotion Manager and alongside a team of health education and health promotion professionals, the Health Promotion Instructional Design and Online Engagement Developer contributes to this mission by producing innovative, research-based, health education and health promotion content and online tools to increase engagement in and motivation towards community health and wellness goals. Given the nature of this work, candidates should be comfortable with ambiguity and possess the ability to thrive in a fluid, dynamic environment.
SHaW is committed to diversity and inclusion, competence in working with culturally and ethnically diverse populations, and awareness of how issues of difference, power, and privilege manifest in higher education environments. The ideal candidate promotes health equity and reduces health disparities by demonstrating and supporting an understanding, sensitivity, and appreciation for health equity, social justice, cultural humility, and inclusiveness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the overall development and implementation of UConn’s community wellness education program as aligned with the emerging student wellness framework.
- Utilizes instructional design methodologies to develop health education and health promotion content, including learning modules, activities, assessments, and instructional materials.
- Serves as team expert in educational technologies and digital tools used to create interactive online, hybrid, and in person learning experiences. Develops online materials which enhance engagement in community wellness education programs and facilitate the achievement of learning objectives.
- Coordinates with IT, marketing, external vendors and related campus colleagues to develop web-based, interactive platforms and applications associated with the student wellness framework, as well as the online Innovate Wellness maker space.
- Edits and revises activities, materials, assignments, modules, and other content as needed to support improvement of existing online, hybrid/blended, and in person programs.
- Supports development of online and in-person orientation programs and engages in other orientation events as a representative of SHaW.
- Researches emerging learning technologies and best practices to improve educational outcomes and support the University and Department mission.
- In coordination with the SHaW Data Department, compiles program and student data and prepares reports to aid in evaluating initiative and program effectiveness. Recommends changes or improvements.
- Serves as a resource to the community on matters related to online, blended, and in person programs associated with student health and wellness.
- May recruit and supervise student workers, volunteers, and/or peer educators associated with health promotion and initiatives.
- Serves on campus-wide committees related to community health and wellness, as well as other work groups as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, education or a related field and 2-3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience creating instructional content for in-person, online, and hybrid learning experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in instructional design and online engagement.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning theory and/or student development principles.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple complex projects.
- Articulated knowledge of health and wellness issues that impact college student success.
- Experience with online tools and Learning Management Systems such as Kaltura, Blackboard, FlipGrid, and Poll Everywhere; and conferencing software such as Webex and Collaborate.
- Demonstrated understanding of and stated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary for effective work relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information effectively.
- Previous experience developing and implementing online, hybrid, and in-person educational programs in a higher education setting.
- Previous experience developing and implementing health education or health promotion programs in online, hybrid, and in-person formats.
- Previous experience supervising professional, student and/or volunteer staff
- Demonstrated experience integrating principles of diversity and inclusion into all aspects of instructional design.
This is a full-time, 12-month position with an anticipated start date by August 2021 or sooner. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495237 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates selected to interview may be asked to facilitate a presentation or other activity related to the core job functions.
Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) is expanding services and is currently hiring for a variety of positions related to students’ mental health and wellness. SHaW encourages qualified applicants to apply for multiple positions of interest.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 16, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
For more information and to apply: https://jobs.hr.uconn.edu/cw/en-us/job/495237/health-promotion-instructional-design-and-online-engagement-developer-instructional-developer#