The Assistant Director of Community Initiatives & Online Education oversees large-scale wellness programs within BU Wellness & Prevention Services and interfaces with Student Health Services leadership to execute strategic projects that support and advance student wellbeing.
This position will administer online sexual misconduct prevention and substance use prevention trainings tied to University compliance. The Assistant Director will also independently manage several population-based wellness programs and implement strategies to collaborate and build capacity to support student wellness in the BU community.
- Managing the implementation plan, technical administration, communication strategy, and deliverables for required online trainings
- Providing technical support and consultation to students and administrative units
- Collaborating with Student Health Services Leadership and key stakeholders to achieve high compliance among required student populations
- Overseeing the administration, operations, quality improvement efforts, and strategic directions for large-scale wellness programs
- Creating a structure to foster student-based coalition work, consulting with student organizations, coordinating and/or facilitating meetings, events, and learning opportunities
- Developing health education and communication tools to engage and build capacity among student and staff audiences
- Operationalizing BU’s institutional values of diversity, equity, and inclusion within large-scale wellness programs
- Supervising student employees
- Masters Degree in public health, macro social work, or related field and 1-3 years of experience
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information and ideas effectively
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience coordinating complex logistics or multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience collaborating, developing partnerships, or building capacity with communities
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.