Southern New Hampshire University’s traditional campus is seeking a Registered Nurse and Prevention Coordinator. The Registered Nurse and Prevention Coordinator is responsible for providing nursing care services to Southern New Hampshire University students in collaboration with the Health Services staff and under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Health Services/Medical Director. Additionally, the Registered Nurse and Prevention Coordinator is responsible for providing and coordinating health promotion and prevention services in collaboration with community partners across the campus to address health concerns such as sleep, nutrition, sexual health, smoking cessation, stress management and others as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Provide comprehensive and patient centered nursing care in outpatient university health setting to Southern New Hampshire University students with acute and chronic health care needs in collaboration with health services team members
- Maintain accurate and complete health care records and reports in electronic medical record
- Assist in the management of Health Requirements for enrolled students
- Perform CLIA waived testing, collect lab samples and follow standing orders for prescription medications as needed
- Adhere to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations regarding health care
- Coordinate the design, organization, and implementation of individual and community education programs for SNHU students which aim to improve knowledge and health behaviors through screening, harm reduction, prevention education and health promotion
- Work cooperatively with campus and community partners including Athletics, Residential Life, the Women’s Center, Academics, Student Activities and others to implement community-based health interventions regarding topics such as sleep, nutrition, STD prevention, sexual health, smoking cessation, stress management and other related health topics
- Assist in on-going assessment of learning outcomes and overall impact of wellness and prevention programs and initiatives
- Provide individual and group consultation services and referrals in wellness topics to student population through the utilization of Motivational Interviewing and other Wellness Coaching interventions
- Coordinate community-based health interventions such as HIV/STI testing, immunization clinics or other health screenings in collaboration with community partners. Some outreach activities may require evening or weekend hours depending on need
- Keep abreast of current developments in the field through continuing professional education
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field with active State of New Hampshire or compact state RN license is required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations including, but not limited to students of color, LGBTQAI+ students, and students with different national origins and immigration histories is required
- Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills with experience in Health Promotion or individual and community-based Health Education is required
- Master’s degree in nursing, health promotion, public health or other related field is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Hindi or other language is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in a health care setting with experience in College Health is preferred
- Experience working in a collaborative and integrated medical and behavioral health care setting preferred
This is a full time (40 hours), 10 month position. Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm with added flexibility to meet clinical need. Hours may include occasional evening and weekend hours to accommodate programs and events
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!