|Job Description Summary||The Counseling Services Clinician will provide individual personal counseling to Babson undergraduate and graduate students using a short term treatment model. The Clinician will also be responsible for triaging new intakes; developing and leading groups; making appropriate referrals on and off-campus; providing educational and outreach programming to the campus community; consulting, as appropriate, with staff, faculty, families, professionals and students regarding a variety of mental health concerns; and providing risk assessments and crisis interventions as necessary. The Clinician may serve in a Clinician-on-call rotation during non-business hours.
This position is 10 months, August through May.
|Essential Responsibilities||Key Responsibilities:
• Provide intake assessments with triage-based disposition and referral.
• Provide individual counseling for students within a brief and focused counseling model.
• Facilitate/co-facilitate groups, workshops and psycho-educational outreach.
• Provide training on mental health issues and suicide prevention to the campus community, including, but not limited to, staff and student leaders.
• Actively participate in a weekly staff meeting, and other departmental and division meetings and events.
• Provide crisis intervention and risk assessment as needed.
• Partner with Health and Wellness Department colleagues (Health Services, Alcohol & Other Drug Services, Health Promotion, and Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Services) in the development of a holistic approach to health and wellness at Babson College.
• Consult with other members of the Babson College community, families and other professionals regarding student care, within the limits of confidentiality.
• Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all clinical interactions and consultation.
• Perform case management and administrative responsibilities in support of clinical work.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
|Minimum Experience||Education Requirements:
Minimum Level of Education Required Ph.D./PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology, MSW, or equivalent; licensed in or license eligible by the State of Massachusetts.
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• A minimum of 3-5 years of related counseling experience and licensed in or license eligible by the State of Massachusetts.
|Additional Required Skills & Abilities||Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• 3+ years of experience in a college counseling center strongly preferred
For more information and to apply, please go to https://babson.peopleadmin.com/postings/5554