University Health Services at the University of Massachusetts Boston is seeking an experienced RN to provide compassionate, exemplary care for our unique, diverse, talented student body of @ 19,000 students on our beautiful waterfront campus in Boston. We are a dedicated team of doctors, NPs, medical assistants (nursing students), administrators and clerical support staff. We are an AAAHC accredited site and take pride in the quality of care provided to our students.
The RN is required to be a graduate from a Nursing Education Program approved by a State Board of Nursing with 1-2 years’ experience, preferably in an ambulatory care or college health setting and must hold a current Massachusetts license or be eligible to apply.
The current position is a non-benefited, Monday-Friday schedule with no nights, weekends or on-call requirements, to start as soon as possible until January 2018 with potential for a benefitted full time position to follow.
Please forward a letter of interest, resume, three professional references, and a copy of current licensure to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
General Summary of Position:
- Provide initial assessment, evaluation, and triage or treatment of minor episodic medical problems following departmental policy, scope of practice, and nursing process; refer cases that require further medical intervention to the appropriate health care provider (HCP);
- Coordinate and assess students exposed to communicable disease and identify, direct and refer issues which require intervention by a HCP, following departmental infection control guidelines; assist with surveillance of infectious disease and exposures, including investigating the circumstances of the exposure, providing counseling to students and employees, and maintaining the necessary documentation and reports;
- Coordinate medical surveillance programs to include PPD skin testing, influenza and immunization clinics; participate in UHS immunization program;
- Provide support and/or participate in health promotion/disease prevention programs, such as weight control clinics, smoking cessation, blood pressure clinics and health fairs and events;
- Respond, in a timely manner, to patient questions concerning treatment, medication, condition, and appropriate requests such as prescription refill, appointments, etc., collaborating with the HCP’s on these issues;
- Participate in activities that improve the delivery of patient care, including continuing education/training, research, quality improvement projects, committees and special projects as requested;
- Act as a resource to students, faculty, and staff according to the scope of practice;
- Assess the patient education process; identify strengths and weaknesses and make required changes/adjustments;
- Act as a liaison by representing staff, establishing relationships and communicating and collaborating with all department and/or institutional mission and goals;
- Maintain working knowledge of equipment and supplies and maintain and stock exam room supplies; collaborate with the departmental point person for the ordering of supplies and pharmaceuticals;
- Adhere to all departmental, division and university policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties assigned.
Experience with phlebotomy, immunizations, PPD skin testing and communicable disease exposures preferred. College health experience preferred. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to functionally use standard office productivity software such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated commitment to and skill in delivering nursing care and treatment (triage, health assessment and providing assistant to health care providers);
- Demonstrated commitment to best practices within the profession and within the college aged population;
- Familiarity and evidence of ability to use an electronic medical record system and standard office productivity software;
- Ability to relate effectively and harmoniously with students, faculty, staff and administrators, within the organizational and administrative structure of University Health Services and academic departments;
- Adherence to standards of care and best practices;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work collaboratively within a team-oriented environment;
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, with ability to ensure timely and high-quality documentation;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.